Quilting On the Go
See more from
Random House Quilt Patterns
Break Free from Your Sewing Machine
Imagine being able to quilt on vacation, at the beach, or virtually anywhere else you find yourself. Jessica Alexandrakis has traveled the world with her on-to-go sewing kit and small stash of fabric, creating strikingly modern patchwork along the way. Now she shares everything she's learned about this addictive, beginner-friendly technique.
• Sewing kit essentials that you can slip in your bag so you'll always be ready to stitch
• Color theory and stash organization tips for dramatic effects or scrap-happy results
• Creative patterns to combine hexagons, half-hexagons, diamonds, stars, squares, and triangles
• 10 step-by-step projects, including the hand-pieced Laptop Bag, Tanuki Stripe Throw, Falling Stars Baby Quilt, and Jessica's signature Travel Quilt
• 10 customizable quilt patterns with 40 vibrant color palette suggestions
Whether your style is classic or modern, Jessica offers a range of stunning projects, from small home accessories to full-size quilts, for all skill levels. So leave the sewing machine at home. Take your quilt to go.